Monday 24 March 2014

Weekend in Portsmouth

This weekend I went to visit one of my closest and oldest friends, Jenny, in Portsmouth as she is at uni there. We had a good old catch-up and I had such a lovely time with her. I even took a few photos just for you guys!


I got a train Friday afternoon from Brighton Station to Portsmouth where I met Jen. We cooked dinner and then we went out Friday night with her flatmates and friends. It was a really good night and her flat mates were so nice. It was a little strange going out somewhere different after being in Brighton for so long but it was fun all the same!


The next day after a lie-in, which we both needed, we walked into Southsea. On the way we stopped off at a traditional sweet shop where I just died and went to heaven. I mean just look at all the sweets...



I decided to get a quarter of Blue Raspberry Bon Bons which are sooo good, but they do make your tongue blue!

The walk into town was a great way to explore the area but although it was sunny, the wind was strong and very cold!  



The restaurant we went to for lunch was a little quirky Italian called Circolo. The food was delicious and just what we needed after a night out.



After lunch we went for a wonder around Southsea. Jen took me to a little cafe which did the cutest cakes so we picked up a few for that evening to eat whilst watching a film.



Whilst waiting for a bus home we sat near a pond where there were lots and lots of swans and funny little pigeons which chased each other around.



It was such a lovely weekend and by the end of it I didn't want to go home but, as always, uni called!







1 comment:

  1. I need to go to Portsmouth. I haven't been for ages but its so far away form where I live!!

    ReplyDelete